In the last part of our four-part series, we are going to be focusing on Luxury Vinyl Planking. Luxury Vinyl Planking, also referred to as LVP, has taken the flooring market by storm. This revolutionary flooring product adds beauty, durability, and longevity to any home design project. Loved for its superior composition, LVP is a common choice amongst households.
Today, we are going to take a closer look at LVP’s key characteristics and attributes. If you missed any of our previous Flooring 101 posts, be sure to visit their corresponding links here: Tile, Hardwood, and Carpet. For now, let’s dive deeper into Luxury Vinyl Planking.
Luxury Vinyl Planking is composed of five distinct layers. Each layer helps add to the overall construct. The five layers include:
- The Wear Layer: On the surface, you will find the wear layer. This particular layer protects your floors from everyday wear and tear.
- The Luxury Vinyl Print: The next layer is the physical luxury vinyl print. The print is made in high-definition with a beautiful and realistic image of hardwood, tile, natural stone, etc.
- The Interlocking System: Beneath your print, you will discover the interlocking system. This layer is used during the install. With an easy-installation in mind, it is user-friendly.
- The Waterproof Core: Next, you will find the 100% waterproof core. You heard that right, waterproof! Its revolutionary technology allows it to be installed in moist areas like bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
- The Attached Underlayment: Last but not least, you will see the attached underlayment. This layer provides a comfortable and soft underfoot.
LVP is considered a durable flooring product due to its additional thickness, waterproof features, and the external wear layer. It is the perfect flooring option for active households with kids and pets.
Styles and Designs
LVP does not fall short in designs and styles. This extraordinary flooring offers homeowners an endless selection of designs and styles that mimic the look of our other flooring favorites. From hardwood to natural stone, LVP provides a realistic, beautiful look to your floors.
With its interlocking system, LVP is the perfect flooring option for experts and do-it-yourselfers, alike. It offers an easy-to-install interlocking system to make install floors easier than ever.
Are you interested in viewing ICC Home‘s luxury vinyl planking selection? If so, one of our expert sales associates would love to assist you in finding the perfect floors. Be sure to contact us today for more information.
hawaii flooring good says
A good flooring designs for home. The texture is so smooth and good for the living room area. I hope i can try that. How much is that kind of flooring design?
Shannon Vogel says
Hi, thank you for your message. For information on our pricing, you can contact us here: https://www.iccfloors.com/contact.