This month, we are taking a look at popular countertop products. Today, we are exploring marble countertops which are often instantly loved for their attractive appearance. They have a veiny composition and derive from a metamorphic rock. This beautiful countertop solution instantly adds unmatched beauty, elegance, and value to any space.
With so many different countertop products on the market, homeowners can become easily overwhelmed by the selection. To help you better understand marble’s advantages and disadvantages, we are going to dive deeper into its three main characteristics. Let’s take a look!
Its veiny nature may, in fact, be one of the most beloved characteristics of marble countertops. While its veins may be the staple look of this countertop, shoppers should be aware that there are three different finishes available and each of them can drastically change the look.
The Three Marble Countertop Finishes
- Polished: The polished finish is buffed until it sparkles. You will notice that the color and veins are more prominent with a polished finish as well as a little susceptible to scratching.
- Matte: The matte finish is sanded down until it is smooth to the touch. With matte countertops, they do actually feel smooth like most matte products. Additionally, you will find that the matte finish helps to disguise scratches.
- Leather: Leather finish is often used on dark marble, and it adds a certain texture that is helpful when hiding scratches and even fingerprints.
One of a Kind Beauty
Let’s be honest; marble countertops are easily one of the most beautiful countertop products on the market. Their veiny nature and natural composition make them a hot commodity. While they are elegant and beautiful, it is important to take care of them properly. Failing to do so will result in a less durable product.
Necessary Care & Maintenance
As we previously mentioned, the care and maintenance routine for marble countertops are essential. Since marble is porous, they will need to be sealed annually. This is an important factor to consider when budgeting for your countertops. Additionally, they will need to be cleaned frequently to maintain their beauty. Lastly, they can be etched by acidic foods and cleaners, so being aware of their sensitivity is critical. Here are some things to keep in mind with your marble countertops:
- Always use coasters with marble countertops.
- Wipe them down immediately, especially if there is food or liquids on them.
- Never place a wet item on your marble countertops.
- Always use a trivet when placing a hot pot, pan, or even a plate on your marble countertops.
- Only use manufacturer-approved cleaners on your marble countertops.
- Always use a cutting board instead of cutting directly on your marble counters.
We hope you found these tips helpful! Are you interested in viewing our marble selection? At ICC Home, we make the design process easy by offering room scenes for customers to see what products would actually look like in their space. We encourage you to visit our showroom for yourself at 7226 East 87th Street Suite D1, Indianapolis, IN 46256 or call us for more information.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to come back next week, where we will focus on Travertine countertops.