Selling a home can be a long, strenuous process. If you want to add value to your home, we have the perfect list of investments that will help increase your home’s worth.
Increasing your home’s value:
- Schedule an Inspection. Before you get slapped with a bad inspection, be aware of the areas that need attention and fix these issues. The last thing you want is for a sale to fall through because of something you could have fixed in advance.
- Clean Your Home’s Exterior. The outside of your home is the first thing that buyers will see. Make sure that your landscaping is clean, you have swept your front porch, and power washed your siding. Power washing can remove dust, dirt, and grime from the home’s exterior and helps it to look appealing to buyers. Also, incorporate a few potted plants near your front door to draw the eyes towards the entrance.
- Make it Feel Homey. It is sometimes hard for buyers to envision themselves living in your home when it feels empty or overpacked. Your home should not have too little nor too much stuff overcrowding it. Light warm scented candles to indulge their senses. Warm scents tend to remind people of home and that is the ultimate goal. Take down pictures of your family, because buyers have a hard time picturing themselves in the house if all they see is your family.
- Apply Touch-Ups. If you notice chipped paint or worn areas, tend to them. It can affect the buyer’s view on the quality of your home.
- Show off Your Flooring. If you have hardwood underneath your carpet, show it off! Buyers tend to love when homeowners expose the original hardwood flooring and sometimes, will be willing to pay more for the home. If you aren’t that lucky, consider adding this to your list before you show your home. The look of hardwood floors draws many buyers based on the timelessness of the material.
- Update Wherever You Can. Think about areas of your home that are outdated. Popcorn ceilings and all yellow bathrooms can be overwhelming to buyers. All the buyers will be thinking about is how they will have to update it and the future costs. Add new fixtures and cabinet handles throughout the home. This will help give the house a more modern look that buyers appreciate.
If you are looking to update the home’s flooring, we are here to help! Please contact us at ICC Floors for more information and pricing.
Leave a Reply