Trends come and go, but we have five popular kitchen trends that are here to stay! Let us take a look at what homeowners are loving for their home.
Five Popular Trends for Kitchens:
Plain and simple, homeowners want a convenient layout in their kitchen. This trend has been popular for decades because it makes sense. Without convenience, you will find yourself not using your kitchen. To help make things more convenient, try to place your kitchen items near their intended-use. For example, your pots and pans would be placed near your stove and your baking pans would be near the oven.
As technology progresses, your kitchen’s appliances are able to be more innovative and efficient. We find that a lot of homeowners want to incorporate new technology into their kitchen. With creative innovations being made each day, you can make your kitchen a futuristic dream.
Adding something “fun” or “interesting” to your kitchen can make it special to you. Try to add a personal interest into your kitchen like a wine cooler or espresso bar.
The functional aspect of a kitchen is mostly considered as the most important aspect. If your kitchen is not functional, you will use it less and often get frustrated. To reduce your frustration, focus on these six key parts of functionality:
- Storage. The storage capacity in your kitchen is not to be easily looked over. Storage is an extremely important aspect and often, homeowners find out later that they do not have enough storage. To help reduce future stress, we recommend finding extra storage solutions now. Whether you add some wall shelves or a pantry, you will find that your kitchen storage is essential.
- Cabinetry. Cabinetry can tie into the storage aspect of a kitchen. But if you are not looking to do a complete remodel, always keep cabinetry in mind. Some homeowners find have open-faced cabinets as a way to stay tidy!
- Outlets. Have you ever been cooking a big meal and suddenly run out of outlets? Do not worry, we have all been there. That is why outlets and power sources are an essential part of your kitchen’s function. If you have the budget, try to add a couple more throughout the space to create ease of mind during your next meal.
- Seating. Your kitchen’s seating is an important aspect especially if you love to entertain. Make sure that there is enough room for your family and guests to gather and celebrate.
- Prep-Zone + Cleaning-Zone. The prepping and cleaning zones are extremely important to the flow of your kitchen. You want to have these sections to create an easy, breezy cooking process. Try to have your prep and cleaning zones near a sink for easy preparation and clean-up.
- Appliances. The arrangement of your appliances can definitely add to your kitchen’s function. Try to make sure that your appliances are in the correct places to ensure that you are happy. If you are unsure of their proper locations, you can ask your contractor or local home improvement store employee.
Adding classic details to your kitchen can make it personalized and timeless. Gorgeous countertops, beautiful floors, and stunning architecture makes for an elegant space.
Let us help you make your dreams a reality with amazing prices and high-quality materials for your kitchen. Contact us today for more information.