Trends are always changing in the fashion and marketing industry while we still find new colors, styles, and designs trickling into the market. Luckily, interior design has long runs of trends in the flooring market. These timeless styles have helped developed many of today’s modern designs and styles. Different feels and textures have evolved into sought-after investments people are always trying to incorporate into their home. The evolution of flooring has grown into some very distinct trends over the last decade. Today’s flooring styles have some fundamental characteristics which you should stay on the lookout for when buying for you for your home. Here are the top five elements in the flooring industry to have a better understanding on to keep your home trending yet timeless:
- A timeless factor that homes will always invite into their design is natural elements. From hardwood floors to brick walls and even ceramic tiles, all of these elements encompass the natural feel of the outdoors. Natural features are vital to giving a home character and charm. You will find that items like distressed woods, weathered finishes, and hand scraped floors can strengthen character to your home as well as make it feel homier and cozier.
- As we previously mentioned, natural elements have been a timeless luxury that has been added into home’s decor for years. Today, luxury vinyl planking and tiles allow you to capture a timeless look with a more durable, water-resistant surface. These advance flooring solutions are loved for their adaptability and ability be installed over virtually any surface.
- Waterproof carpet with environmentally friendly recycled goods also has changed the market for flooring options. Even wood-styled tiles can be installed in a shower and illusion a wooden wetroom. As more advance floorings enter the market, these multifunctional flooring options allow the consumer to use different flooring in more unusual and unique environments.
Design and Style
- Popular home designs and styles directly influence the trending floors in today’s market. For example, recently homeowners love incorporating Modern and Contemporary designs into their home’s decor. Modern and Contemporary designs incorporate more crisp, sleek looks with neutral-tone floors, whereas a Modern-Rustic may call for a more distressed look. Understanding your design and how to incorporate the right style flooring can help advance your overall style and create a seemingly timeless look.
- Hard surface flooring has also really made a strong influence in the modern market. Vinyl planks can allow you to install a wood- theme design even in a basement or subfloor room. With such advance prints, you can use different styles of vinyl for almost any looks.
- Neutrals are always a timeless, safe choice. Grey has made a strong statement this year in the flooring industry and has quickly replaced the usual choice of “ beige.” If your room looks for more beige and tan tones, consider the trending neutral color: gold. This glamourized blonde tone is perfect for keeping a room feeling airy and fresh while also allowing for a strong statement.
- Whitewashed floors have made a strong come back for capturing a more tranquil and relaxed living atmosphere.
- Old-fashion darks enrich an elegant, timeless feel and are also a popular choice. While neutrals have their strengths, high-variety patterned floors and colors make a powerful statement.
- Having a fun area rug with colorful patterns or unique textures allows your floors to become the focal point of the room.
- Recently, residential design has become a bold player with layout flooring. Adding a sense of uniqueness and sophistication, patterned flooring with carpet tiles or even herringboned hardwood, can really help make your flooring the stand out feature of your home. Whereas traditional flooring usually stays to modest angles, contemporary designs strive off angled flooring styles to enhance the room.
Modern flooring trends have continued to develop into styles that challenge your inner designer. Do not be afraid to allow your style to express itself through your flooring. Be original and have fun. These unique ideas can help guide you on your next project. Stop into ICC Floors for more expert guidance and advice. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.