This month, we are taking a look at popular countertop products. Today, we are exploring granite countertops. Composed of natural stone, granite is a timeless tradition in household designs. It adds an elegant look to any design while being a fan favorite.
Granite countertops have been used for years and are loved for its distinct, unmatched beauty and durability. If you are interested in learning about granite‘s benefits, we are going to focus on three features that you will love about granite. Let’s take a look!
Strength & Durability
It should be mentioned that granite countertops need proper care and maintenance. If you are uninterested in maintaining your counters, granite may not be right for you. Apart from its upkeep, granite countertops are considered strong, dense, and durable. When properly sealed, granite countertops provide good stain resistance and are easy to clean. Additionally, they are scratch- and heat-resistant, giving homeowners ease of mind.
Most homeowners choose granite because it is considered to be one of the most beautiful countertop options available, and we have to agree. This timeless countertop solution complements cabinetry and floors seamlessly while providing a stunning landscape for your food and dishes.
Care & Maintenance
As we previously mentioned, it is important to maintain and care for your granite countertops. Remember, they are an investment and should be treated as such. If you are new to owning granite countertops, here are a few maintenance tips and tricks to remember:
- As soon as a spill occurs, be sure to wipe it up immediately, especially with oily or acidic foods.
- Do not leave wet dishes on your countertops for extended periods of time. Be sure always to use coasters.
- Take a damp, soft cloth and clean your countertops regularly.
- Do not use dish soap because it can cause build-up.
- Always use a cutting board.
- Try to avoid ammonia, vinegar, and citrus on your countertops.
- Only use stain-removers that are approved by your granite manufacturer.
- Just to be careful, you should use a trivet under your extremely hot pots and pans.
Are you interested in viewing our granite selection? At ICC Home, we make the design process easy by offering room scenes for customers to see what products would actually look like in their space. We encourage you to visit our showroom for yourself at 7226 East 87th Street Suite D1, Indianapolis, IN 46256 or call us for more information.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to come back next week, where we will focus on marble countertops.
Leave a Reply