Let us face it. Our closet is one of the things that most of us face every day. Wouldn’t it be great if it were organized so you don’t encounter a stress filled morning rummaging through all the stuff inside your closet? There is hope!
Here are five ideas for an organized and stress-free closet.
- Declutter. Look through all the clothes in your closet and decide which goes and which stays. You can even donate these extra clothes to charity. Your trash can be someone else’s treasure. If you grab a garment and don’t feel amazing – get rid of it.
- Categorize. Group your clothes together so you can allocate certain areas of your closet for certain items. For example, group all of your t-shirts, blouses, coats, underwear, etc, and then allocate a certain space for each group. By doing this, you can find things easily as each group of clothes are together.
- Organize your clothes per season. You will not wear your winter jacket during summertime, right? So organize your clothes per season and store in your closet only those clothes that you can wear for that season and keep the out of season clothes in a separate closet. This can also help create extra room in your closet.
- Customize. A customized closet will save you time, energy and change the way you start and end your day. Get inspired with our closet partners Organized Living!
- Start a habit. Once you are done organizing your closet, make it a habit to at least check and re-organize your closet at least three or four times a year. Otherwise, it will just pile up again with new clothes that you have acquired during the year and you will end up with a chaotic closet again.
Your closet is a very useful storage space and it can help make your life easy if you implement an effective closet organization.
Leave a Reply