This is the time of year when eggnog is especially popular. Sometimes accidents happen and they tend to be more prone to happen during the holiday season! Below are a few tips just in case you end up having to clean eggnog out of your carpet this season.
- Use a non-flammable spot removal solution or dry cleaning solvent. Do not directly pour solution onto the carpet.
- Use a detergent solution by mixing ¼ teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent solution per one cup of lukewarm water. Never use a stronger concentration.
- Do not use a laundry detergent.
- Rinse solution thoroughly to remove all residues. You may have to rinse several times to achieve this. Lukewarm tap water can be used for rinsing.
- Using a vinegar solution by mixing one cup of white vinegar per two cups of water
- Make sure to soak up all of the excess water when you’re finished cleaning
Always be sure to check with your manufacturer’s cleaning suggestions or consider calling a professional if you are unsure. We hope you have a great holiday season, filled with a lot of celebrating and less cleaning!
Leave a Reply